- Homebuilder, President, Phil Henderson Homes and Remodeling, 2011 – 2016.
- Attorney:Henderson Law Office, Private civil law practice (Deschutes County); 1989 - 2003;
- Business Executive: Regional Construction Company (Deschutes County);
- President, Vice-President, Director of Sales; 2003 - 2011; Owner, Energy Conservation Company.
- Yale University, Political Science (with honors), B. A.;
- University of Oregon, School of Law, J.D.;
- Hood River Valley (Oregon) High School, Valedictorian.
Prior Governmental Experience:
- City of Bend, Budget Committee, 1997-2002
Phil Henderson is a life-long Oregonian. He is a husband, father, lawyer, president of his own construction firm, and a 27-year resident of Deschutes County.
Phil was raised in a farming community in the Columbia Gorge where he learned the value of hard agricultural work and an appreciation of the natural resources of Oregon. He came away with a true sense of the importance of community – and of community service. His family has lived in Oregon for 5 generations.
Phil was only away from Oregon during the 4 years he attended Yale University, where he graduated with honors with his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. Between his undergraduate degree and heading back to law school at University of Oregon, he worked in the construction industry and was an entrepreneur starting energy conservation and solar energy businesses. In 1988, Phil earned a law degree from the University of Oregon and was licensed to practice law in Oregon and Washington in 1989.
Phil Henderson spent 14 years practicing law in Bend, from 1989 to 2003, where he handled a large number of cases including construction and business law, family law, litigation, personal injury cases, and wills and trusts. He was the first Chairman of the Oregon State Bar Sole and Small Firm Section – a group he is still active in today.
From 2003 to 2011 Phil was Director of Sales and then President of a large, regional residential construction company that built many homes and developments throughout Central Oregon. He steered the company in a period of growth and helped it to survive the Great Recession. Since 2011, Phil has been a general contractor and the President of Phil Henderson Homes and Remodeling. He has completed 10 unique, high quality custom homes, including (4) Earth Advantaged homes.
Phil has been active in our community as a Board member of the United Way of Deschutes County, a Board member of the Heart Institute of the Cascades and he served five years on the City of Bend Budget Committee.
Questions? Comments? Ideas? Reach out to Phil directly HERE!